Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

DONE with 10th grade!

Yes, my summer started last Sunday. I feel VERY relieved now that I’m done with 10th grade, that was pretty much the highlight of my whole week. How was my year? well, 10th grade was pretty much the worst year of my life, and it's not only because I was studying my ass off, it didn't have as many complications as any other year, but it did REALLY suck.

One of the reasons was because in 10th grade you feel like a lot of people just leave, it was the most time I missed some my friends, a lot of people transferred  to other school, which is really saying something, because my school is not that bad, there were new kids, my best friend was only with me for a semester and not even in the same classroom. but in advance I did make new friends, I got closer to people I never thought I’d be friends with, I found out who was real and who was just pure fake, and for the first time in my life I felt like I was part of a group.

I had a few not-too-bad experiences, I applied for 2 English writing competitions, the first one was really bad, I just went to school like it was any other day, and next thing you know is that my teacher’s telling me I have to go now for the competition. The “short story” wasn’t really short at all, my story was 22 pages long, my teacher hadn’t even finished editing it, there were more mistakes in it with coordination that grammar, so I went. But the day was fun, I spent the day with my friends, I didn’t take any classes at all that day, and I got to miss 2 quizzes (which apparently I was about to retake in two days after).

The second competition wasn’t as bad, it was actually really good. The story was 4 pages long, and that time the teacher did edit the thing and helped make it better, and in the end me and another girl who applied with a poem got to go to an honoring party or something like that, they chose the two of us which was very awesome, because the very person I hated applied for the competition but she didn’t go with us.

Other than competitions, nothing was really at all that interesting, I was supposed to be in an art gallery at school (for my crochet work, yeah it looks like it’s something only grandmas would do, but it was fun), but the teacher said I had to show up and work in front of the students. I didn’t have the time to go, we were preparing for the finals, and I really had a lot on my plate at the time.

Something else on the “paint things new and bright” list of my year was that I got a new iPod touch 4th generation, which is awesome if you ask me, I just love it, and I’m getting obsessed with Apple more and more now.

Maybe 10th grade wasn’t as bad as I said it was, the year wasn’t entirely good, but I survived, the crappy things were related to studying and a very, very, very bitchy friend, who is not a friend anymore. Ever thought about someone that just makes wanna beat the crap of something, or THEM?! When you hear their voice you just want to slit their throat open?! Well, in that whole year, only one person (shockingly!) got that honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind?